Under eye wrinkles are quite unsightly for most of us. While nothing speaks of experience quite like these – wrinkles that are too pronounced actually show your age. And as women approaching middle age, doing something about your under eye wrinkles is absolutely necessary. No – none of the tips you are about to find will succeed 100% in keeping them at bay. But yes, you will not get the very pronounced wrinkles that make you look old and tired! So – let’s check out top tips:
# 1. As you age, collagen breaks down and is lost due to free radical damage – leading to the appearance of wrinkles – most prominent around the eyes. The best way to fight these is to load up on an anti-oxidant rich diet. Go for fresh fruits and vegetables, especially the brightly colored ones. Otherwise too – follow a balanced and healthy diet – no dieting though!
# 2. Sleep is another must to prevent wrinkles. On an average, you need a good 7-9 hours of sleep every day – and you must ensure that you get this.
# 3. Hydration is also important. If your skin loses water through dehydration, the collagen will break down, and the skin will start to look parched and dry. To hydrate use cold water to wash your face once you wake up in the morning. Also, drink about 8 glasses of water daily.
# 4. Sunlight is actually very harmful for the skin – it speeds up the process of aging. Make sure you wear dark glasses to protect your delicate area. Also, keep sun exposure to a minimum.
# 5. Another thing you can try is under eye exercises or yoga that keeps wrinkles away. Check out for yourself:
# 6. And finally, you should also consider trying out home remedies that pamper your delicate under eye skin and keep the wrinkles away.
But the question is – what home remedies? Well, we’ll look at those too…
Home remedies for under eye wrinkles
Here is a list of home remedies. Done right, they all can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. However, do keep in mind – even though they are all natural, some may not suit your skin. If you get any reactions to any of these methods, then rinse thoroughly and do not try that one again – because the under eye area is, as it is, very delicate.
- Make a paste of turmeric using some honey and rosewater. Apply to the face, as well as the wrinkle prone areas around the eyes. Allow to dry and rinse with cold water. Should be done once a week.
- Olive oil can be a great way to hydrate the skin and prevent wrinkles. Make a mix of cold pressed olive oil and a few drops of lemon. Massage over the face, especially the wrinkle prone areas.
- You can also take the olive oil and mix with some vegetable glycerin and a little bit of Vaseline. Now massage carefully into the affected areas. Take a wash cloth dampened with warm water and wipe off the excess. Now massage with some honey mixed with the oil mix. Remove with a cotton ball dipped in warm water. Use every alternate day.
- Papaya contains an enzyme which is extremely good for the body and the skin. Take some ripe papaya and mash with a bit of honey. Apply to the affected area and the face. Leave for a bit before washing off.
- Pineapple is another fruit that is highly beneficial. It contains the enzyme bromelain as well as the highly beneficial alpha-hydroxy acid. Together they will work wonders to keep the wrinkles away. Make some fresh juice, apply and leave to dry for 20 minutes before you wash off.
So there you have the top tips as well as home remedies that can work magic in banishing under eye wrinkles. And not only that – all the tips given will also help to nourish your skin and make it soft and supple. So try these – and ageing will cease to be a concern!